MET Fine Printers brought UV printing to the high end commercial Print market in the Pacific Northwest in 2004, everyone thought we were crazy investing millions in then unproven technology. Working with North America’s most demanding corporate and design teams live in a state of constant innovation. Our experience with UV inks, coatings and all the finer points of the craft is what sets MET UV apart from the rest. We do not just “put ink on paper”, we look at every aspect from G7 colour management to paper optimization to asking what is our client trying to achieve with this project?
How they work? When MET Enviro UV inks are exposed to a short burst of Ultra Violet light, they convert to a solid, bonding the ink to the sheet with colour vibrancy and special effects not achievable with conventional “Vegetable and Oil Based” inks. Our experience with MET Enviro UV inks and coatings has proven time and again that UV inks are the fastest growing market segment in print today.
Benefits of MET Enviro UV Inks and Coatings:
- Zero VOC emissions, none, nada, zip. MET Enviro UV inks and coatings are 100% VOC Free. UV inks do not skin up on press and require far less cleanup on press compared to conventional “vegetable based” inks.
- Fast throughput of print work, remember, it is dry the second it comes off the press so no need to wait for “drying time”. MET UV inks allow us to print in a single press pass where other conventional print shops need multiple passes.
- Unbelievable Matte to Gloss ratio varnishes and coatings
- Textured and reticulated Matte finishes
- Soft Touch Coatings
- Crystal clear reproduction on uncoated paper, think of wet ink on dry ink and virtually NO Dry-back. Now do you get the picture? (* Not so secret, this is how all of the paper companies make those gorgeous paper sample books. Yea, we’ve helped them too)
- 100% recycled uncoated papers print beautifully! yes, they can be just as beautiful as virgin paper. *we know how to optimize your job for any surface.
- MET Enviro UV is perfect for printing on plastic and other synthetic substrates. MET has specially configured our MAN Roland UV presses to maximize our ability to print synthetic and plastics in a single press pass with rock solid results.
- Specialty packaging coatings and FX.
MET UV prevents old printer excuses such as “It’s not dry yet”, “we have a gas ghosting” “it’s not as colourful because of dry-back”. This is the new era in commercial print services. What you approved is what you get, regardless of print substrate.