CHICAGO, USA—Last weekend in Chicago the Printing Institute of America (PIA) awarded Metropolitan Fine Printers the most awards of any printer in the US and Canada.
We were awarded 47 PIA awards, including 2 Benjamin Franklin statuettes. Coupled with our recent 19 Gold Ink awards, 24 Applied Arts awards, 87 International Association of Printing House Craftsmen awards and the icing on the cake: The American Printer Environmental Excellence Award, MET has been honored with a stunning total of 178 awards for the year to date!
“In a period where everyone is counting pennies, these awards are a double win, verifying that you can have beautiful sustainable printing that is also economically prudent,” said Metropolitan President George Kallas. “We are always thrilled to see the efforts, talents and creativity of our clients in partnership with the MET team, honored by our peers.”
The propriety combination of MET UV inks and MET high definition 10 micron screening makes Metropolitan Fine Printers unique in the print world. The company prides itself on having an outstanding international reputation as a “boutique printer” with the can do attitude!
2008 Printing Industry of America (PIA) Premier Print Awards
Now in its 59th year, the PIA is the industry’s oldest and largest international graphic arts competition. Amongst its many honours, Metropolitan was given the silver award for receiving the second highest number of awards in this global competition (the most awards from any Canadian and USA printer).
- In 2008, Metropolitan garnered 47 awards: 2 Bennys; 10 Awards of Recognition; and 35 Certificates of Merit
- Met’s 2008 Bennys, which are given for the best entry in a category, were awarded for these projects:
– “Residence at the Ritz” (Direct Mail Campaigns, consumer)
– “Versant Experience” book (Product/Service Catalogue 1,2,3 colors)
The 2008 competition drew more than 4200 entries from printers around the world, who competed in 100 categories.
2008 Gold Ink Awards
This competition celebrates the achievements of North American creators and producers of printed material. Winners are awarded for quality of printing and colour, technical difficulty and overall visual effect.
- In 2008, Metropolitan received 19 awards: 2 gold (top honours); 1 silver; and 16 pewter
- The 21st annual competition’s winners were chosen from more than 1,500 submissions
2008 Applied Arts Awards
This annual Canadian competition, now in its 15th year, selects winners on creative merit and technical execution.
- Metropolitan won almost 50 per cent of the awards for which it was eligible, taking 24 of a possible 55 wins and more than any other single printer. The winning images will be featured in the January 2009 issue of Applied Arts magazine.
2008 International Association of Printing House Craftsmen (IAPHC) Awards
Now in their 34thyear, the IAPHC awards recognize outstanding achievement in the art and science of printing and related graphic arts. The IAPHC’s “Best of the Best” awards will be announced in January 2009.
- In 2008, Metropolitan received a staggering 87 awards: 55 gold, 18 silver, 11 bronze and 3 honourable mentions. (the most of any printer in the world)
2008 American Printer Environmental Excellence Awards
At a time when sustainable printing is top of mind for printers and customers everywhere, Metropolitan was recognized with an award in the Most Environmentally Conscious printer in its size category (26-99 employees). Metropolitan was the only Canadian printer that was recognized.
2008 Print Action’s 2008 Environmental Printing Awards
Most Environmentally Progressive Vendor in Canada
Most Progressive Environmental Printing Project (Nike World Wide annual report)
Most Progressive Environmental Process Vendor
Metropolitan received the most environmental awards of any printer in Canada.