VANCOUVER, BC—Metropolitan premieres font film – What’s in a font? Apparently more than appears on the printed page. More than 1,000 members of the creative and business community had a chance in early August to discover just how much type affects our lives at the gala Vancouver screening of “Helvetica”, hosted by Metropolitan and The Society of Graphic Designers/BC Chapter. Directed by Gary Hustwit, the documentary explores the proliferation of the now 50-year-old Helvetica font, using it as a launch pad for a larger conversation about urban spaces and aesthetic choices. Following the film, Hustwit, provocateur Douglas Coupland and typographer Jim Rimmer led a lively discussion about creativity and the modern world, which proved to be perfect fuel for ongoing debate and merriment at the ensuing gala reception.
- Canstruction Vancouver creates canned art and fights hunger
- Printer Spotlight: Scott Gray – MET Fine Printers
- MET Fine Printers Planning Operational Expansion
- MET Launches 12th year Canstruction Vancouver Event !
- We invite you to visit our our Shiny New Website, full of inspiration and …… awesome
- New MET CASE now available
- MET Wins 31st Benny for Environmental and Print excellence
- Climate Smart showcases MET’s Carbon Neutral Story in Video
- GDC/BC and MET Fine Printers present the 2012 Salazar Awards May 11th
- MET brings Graphic Design, Architects, Engineers to Vancouver